Want a simply yet quick meal involving chicken. Try this savory dish from chefsavvy.com.
This recipe is super simple. Add all of the sauce ingredients to a large bowl, add in the chicken and toss to coat. Reserve 1/4 of the marinade to brush on top before serving.There is a good amount of spice in this recipe. If you are not a fan of the heat reduce the amount of sriracha or add more soy sauce or water.
PREP TIME – 5 mins.
COOK TIME – 15 mins.
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- ½ cup water
- fresh cilantro for serving, if desired
- lime wedges for serving, if desired
- Add soy sauce, brown sugar, sriracha and water to a medium bowl. Reserve ¼ of the marinade.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and marinade while the oil is heating up.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or cast iron grill pan.
- When the pan is nice and hot add in the chicken skin side down. Cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Brush the remaining marinade mixture on top of the chicken.
- Serve immediately with fresh cilantro and lime wedges if desired.
Cook the chicken for 5-10 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. The chicken comes out super juicy, tender and loaded with flavor.
Serve the chicken with rice for a super easy weeknight meal.